• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurants in/around Coquitlam?

taryn

I have been in maple Ridge looking for somewhere decent to eat for 17 years. Here is my input of great places in Maple Ridge, Poco and Coquitlam............

If you are desperate Caremba in Port moody used to be okay but......

Have you tries St. Street Grill in PM? Not brilliant, but certainly better than Mr. Mikes or Boston Pizza.

A.

I met the owner of a place called The Ridge Bistro in Maple Ridge. He compared his food (with a perfectly straight face) to the food at Lumiere. Scared to take one for the team though. My truck and car have carved a groove in the pavement from my crib to the city for restaurant eating.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

Coop, just for a laugh, what is this chap's background / pedigree.

How long have they been open ?

I mean, great set the bar high but to say your food is just as good as Rob Feenie's - ( I do not want a discussion on what influence the Sous Chef's at Lumiere have on Rob's food etc - he is the boss. period )

That might be setting yourself up for a fall.

Have any of the big food mags or TV show discovered this place. Is Maple Ridge the new Culinary Mecca ?

Lets see how this plays out. :biggrin:

Neil Wyles

Hamilton Street Grill

www.hamiltonstreetgrill.com

The John B Pub actually has a fairly serious food program and a great little wine list. They also host wine dinners from time to time. And right next door is their wine store--one of the best in the province. It's not unusual to see Vancouver restaurateurs shopping there on Friday afternoons, even if Brian Jessel has recently moved his BMW franchise closer in to town.

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

The John B Pub actually has a fairly serious food program and a great little wine list. They also host wine dinners from time to time. And right next door is their wine store--one of the best in the province. It's not unusual to see Vancouver restaurateurs shopping there on Friday afternoons, even if Brian Jessel has recently moved his BMW franchise closer in to town.

Jamie...I just finished singing your praises tonight to come home and see such a blatant plug...ohhhh...jamie!!!

My heart...

And I'm not talking about "THE" JOHN B, which you are quite right ...it does have a lovely little wine program.... but your buddy Brian does not need a plug here....don't we all drive beemers anyway????

John

It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Hunter S. Thompson ---- R.I.P. 1939 - 2005

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

I met the owner of a place called The Ridge Bistro in Maple Ridge. He compared his food (with a perfectly straight face) to the food at Lumiere. Scared to take one for the team though. My truck and car have carved a groove in the pavement from my crib to the city for restaurant eating.

That is funny.. I met a guy in Abbotsford at a small "family-style" greek place...he was the owner....without me asking he comes up to my table and says:

Him: "You know.........(greek ......pause........ you just know itsa gonna be seriousa....) I shipa that dressinga alllllllllllllllllllllll over the world...."

me: "It really is good..."

Him: "$4.50 for 10 ounces...I'll get you some... be right back.."

me: "HUH"

To this day..... I make the trip from the Lower Mainland to Abbotsford ...just to pick up this "House" dressing from this crazy place beside an IGA in ABBY almost weekly....apparently it doesn't "KEEP" so well....so you " MUST EAT FRESH!"

What we do .....

J

By the way....He was right it is ......devine...

J

It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.

Hunter S. Thompson ---- R.I.P. 1939 - 2005

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."

--Mark Twain

Jamie...I just finished singing your praises tonight to come home and see such a blatant plug...ohhhh...jamie!!!

My heart...

And I'm not talking about "THE" JOHN B, which you are quite right ...it does have a lovely little wine program.... but your buddy Brian does not need a plug here....don't we all drive beemers anyway????

John

Easy mate. Or perhaps this is merely proof positive that irony, as they say, and despite Ms. Morrisette's plaintive squeals to the contrary, really does require two audiences.

Or maybe they arrived by sloop.

Edited by jamiemaw (log)

from the thinly veneered desk of:

Jamie Maw

Food Editor

Vancouver magazine

www.vancouvermagazine.com

Foodblog: In the Belly of the Feast - Eating BC

"Profumo profondo della mia carne"

Easy mate. Or perhaps this is merely proof positive that irony, as they say, and despite Ms. Morrisette's plaintive squeals to the contrary, really does require two audiences.

Maybe if you weren't so stingy with your punctuation, your message would be clearer. :wink:

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself. - Johnny Carson