• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

fixed link

So there is Pete's Word (Phil Ward), which is the Last Word with Laphroaig substituted for the gin.

9888144065_7e7c6b679f_h.jpg

The other night I discovered the Final Straw (Geoff Fewell) which is another Last Word variation with Laphroaig as the base spirit. I made it with Laphroaig 10 (substituted for quarter cask), Benedictine, yellow Chartreuse (substituted for MOF), lemon juice.

I was fearing something very sweet, but the intense smoky peat of the Laphroaig tricked my taste buds into thinking this was nicely balanced.

25997958375_7d29501c4a_h.jpg

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Remove superfluous link

So there is Pete's Word (Phil Ward), which is the Last Word with Laphroaig substituted for the gin.

The other night I discovered the Final Straw (Geoff Fewell) which is another Last Word variation with Laphroaig as the base spirit. I made it with Laphroaig 10 (substituted for quarter cask), Benedictine, yellow Chartreuse (substituted for MOF), lemon juice.

I was fearing something very sweet, but the intense smoky peat of the Laphroaig tricked my taste buds into thinking this was nicely balanced.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Remove superfluous link

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse