• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

fixed link

So there is Pete's Word (Phil Ward), which is the Last Word with Laphroaig substituted for the gin.

9888144065_7e7c6b679f_h.jpg

The other night I discovered the Final Straw (Geoff Fewell) which is another Last Word variation with Laphroaig as the base spirit. I made it with Laphroaig 10 (substituted for quarter cask), Benedictine, yellow Chartreuse (substituted for MOF), lemon juice.

I was fearing something very sweet, but the intense smoky peat of the Laphroaig tricked my taste buds into thinking this was nicely balanced.

25997958375_7d29501c4a_h.jpg

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Remove superfluous link

So there is Pete's Word (Phil Ward), which is the Last Word with Laphroaig substituted for the gin.

The other night I discovered the Final Straw (Geoff Fewell) which is another Last Word variation with Laphroaig as the base spirit. I made it with Laphroaig 10 (substituted for quarter cask), Benedictine, yellow Chartreuse (substituted for MOF), lemon juice.

I was fearing something very sweet, but the intense smoky peat of the Laphroaig tricked my taste buds into thinking this was nicely balanced.

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse

Remove superfluous link

FrogPrincesse

FrogPrincesse