• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where is there science to it

:biggrin: Haven't seen much better things yet, even in India I've favoured this dish over any other any day, of course it s a personal preference that is not been conditioned for ever .. but I know it is true lover in me for pizza. I wish to find out why I did fall in love with this dish any one .. please tell me, for some one who was to become a food scientist I sure have turned to out to be a food eccentric associating with everything but science in art of food making in my house. And I'm waiting to discover my need for pizza more that any thing else why this :shock::raz::laugh::cool::angry::biggrin:

Thanks for your help

Geetha

:biggrin: Haven't seen much better things yet, even in India I've favoured this dish over any other any day, of course it s a personal preference that  is not been conditioned for ever .. but I know it is true lover in me for pizza. I wish to find out why I did fall in love with this dish any one .. please tell me, for some one who was to become a food scientist I sure have turned to out to be a food eccentric associating with everything but science in art of food making in my house. And I'm waiting to discover my need for pizza more that any thing else why this  :shock:  :raz:  :laugh:  :cool:  :angry:  :biggrin:

Thanks for your help

Geetha

Dear Geetha,

You raise a great big existential question: where do our passions, in this case food passions, come from. I'd be a fool to offer a definitive answer but it's a dialogue for the ages. I will say this: it always seems fruitful to me that, when someone discovers something that they love, to explore it fully and deeply. It may lead to some amazing self discovery encounters, and it may also lead to some new, unforeseen adventures. As for pizza itself, after writing the book I came to the conclusion that pizza works for so many people, even when it's not executed at the highest level, because there's something so intrinsically satisfying about dough with something on it (which is what pizza, focaccia, naan, taco's, grilled cheese, and so many other products are) that it just works, in a universal manner. So in one sense, all these "dough with something on it" products are variations of pizza (or pizza is, more correctly, perhaps the finest expression of the category called "dough with something on it"). Why does it work so well? Here's my conclusion: the single most important thing we teach our young culinarians and budding chefs is that if they want to be succssful they have to learn how to deliver one vital thing--flavor. Dough with something on it, especially pizza, just happens to be the most perfect flavor delivery system ever devised.

Anyway, good luck with your journey of self discovery and may your pizzas all be perfect!

Indeed you have given me more to think and all your answers to other posts keep me on cue. Thanks for the true honor of being responeded you by you.

I do think you've effectively kept it alive after all it is not by chance that it all came to be neither is pizza one of them chance happenstances of today..

I remember hearing on tv about how motzarella cheese was first applied to the pizza.. around the time of the 1889 and also surprised by the fact that it was around the time of venus transit, may be it is all a designed thing by a highly conscious God who has given us such a gift of love htat brings all together in love for it today. Love

Thanks for giving me the perfect answer to my above questions

With Regards

Geetha

Indeed you have given me more to think and all your answers to other posts keep me on cue. Thanks for the true honor of being responeded you by you.

I do think you've effectively kept it alive after all it is not by chance that it all came to be neither is pizza one of them chance happenstances of today..

I remember hearing on tv about how motzarella cheese was first applied to the pizza.. around the time of the 1889 and also surprised by the fact that it was around the time of venus transit, may be it is all a designed thing by a highly conscious God who has given us such a gift of love htat brings all together in love for it today. Love

Thanks for giving me the perfect answer to my above questions

With Regards

Geetha

And thank you, Geetha!

Sincerely

Peter