• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Riedel Crystal Buys Spiegelau

Really Nice!

From Wine Speculator.

Darn, now I probably won't be able to buy fragile glassware from Amazon; get one or two glasses broken during shipping; and be charged for shipping when they said it was free; and receive the wrong wine glasses.

:laugh:

Austria-based Riedel Crystal, whose stemware is popular among enophiles, has purchased one of its main competitors, the parent company of German glass manufacturer Spiegelau, making Riedel the world's largest producer of wineglasses. In addition to the Spiegelau line, F.X. Nachtmann A.G. produces glassware under the Marc Aurel brand.

Edited by Really Nice! (log)

Drink!

I refuse to spend my life worrying about what I eat. There is no pleasure worth forgoing just for an extra three years in the geriatric ward. --John Mortimera