• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New Restaurant in Rutherford

jwjojo

Hadn't heard about it, but let me be the first to say OH GOODY. Another Italian restaurant in the area. SNORE... :hmmm:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Guys, don't be so cynical...there's a very good chance that this place serves innovative, well prepared food in an attractive and attentive......oh wait, you said Italian in northern NJ?? KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Dom Deluise...there's a guy I would like to sit down and eat with...

a

"It's better to burn out than to fade away"-Neil Young

"I think I hear a dingo eating your baby"-Bart Simpson

What makes you think the place is Italian?

The last "Italian" place to close in Rutherford was owned & run by Japanese folks. I wouldn't be surprised if this is their new venture.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

The last "Italian" place to close in Rutherford was owned & run by Japanese folks. I wouldn't be surprised if this is their new venture.

but did they own and run an italian place?

given the average person's mindset, naming a place "risotto house" will most likely conjure up imagines of an italian-type place, with lots of risotto. does anyone have a website for this place?

Wow, jaded and cynical :wacko: . Has Italian in NJ made you so? :biggrin: I know, I know, me too! I don't know anything about this place...if it is owned by asians, italians, mexicans....I don't know. Yes, BYO I would assume because Rutherford is a dry town. I would bet that my Rissoto is better than theirs!!

The last "Italian" place to close in Rutherford was owned & run by Japanese folks.  I wouldn't be surprised  if this is their new venture.

but did they own and run an italian place?

Yes, they did. It was called - I think - Pasta Pronto. It had "Pasta" in the name, I never did more than glance at it. I just got the vibe that the Pasta would be about as special as the Risotto House's risotto.

They lasted a few months on the upper stretch of Park Ave there earlier this year.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845