• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Arthur Schwartz resigns from WOR

Rosie

The Saturday show this AM had Dr Joy Brown and Joey Reynolds as subs. They said that Joan was on vacation and would be back next week.

I didn't catch this show, but I have heard Dr. Joy Brown sing the praises of Olive Garden in Times Square (she finds it a very good spot for business lunches) and Joey Reynolds is ...kinda...icky... Was the show any good???

The Saturday show this AM had Dr Joy Brown and Joey Reynolds as subs. They said that Joan was on vacation and would be back next week.

I didn't catch this show, but I have heard Dr. Joy Brown sing the praises of Olive Garden in Times Square (she finds it a very good spot for business lunches) and Joey Reynolds is ...kinda...icky... Was the show any good???

NO.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I didn't catch this show, but I have heard Dr. Joy Brown sing the praises of Olive Garden in Times Square (she finds it a very good spot for business lunches) and Joey Reynolds is ...kinda...icky...  Was the show any good???

This reminds me of the Mario Batali in Italy show on FN; after seeing all the authentic foods and restaurants in Italy, they tell you that the show is sponsored by the Olive Garden. That's like having an all-natural foods show sponsored by Monsanto! :wacko: Maybe next week she can tout Boston Market....

He'll probably turn up on WABC after The John Gambling Show.

WABC has also picked up Warner Wolf as it's morning sportscaster. I believe it is becoming the better station.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

WABC has also picked up Warner Wolf as it's morning sportscaster. I believe it is becoming the better station.

That would be very good news. Not familiar with the station but will give it a try. Do they have any food related shows?

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Not likely. After Gambling is Rush Limbaugh (No political comments allowed here) and he is supposedly the most listened to show in the US....

Arthur would be good in a venue like WNYC.

The Savor section of the 9/1 New York Times, page F5 has an interview with Arthur by Frank Prial. In it Prial writes, " Mr Schwartz said he had had many offers since leaving WOR but planned to play a little before taking on anything new."

Let's hope his playtime is short.

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Not likely. After Gambling is Rush Limbaugh (No political comments allowed here) and he is supposedly the most listened to show in the US....

I think he should be a regular guest on the Jonathan Schwartz weekend shows at first and then move to his own slot.

Rich Schulhoff

Opinions are like friends, everyone has some but what matters is how you respect them!

I think he should be a regular guest on the Jonathan Schwartz weekend shows at first and then move to his own slot.

Why shouldn't he just move into his own slot on weekdays?

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Why shouldn't he just move into his own slot on weekdays?

Because the only time I listen to radio, aside from WCBS all news, is the Jonathan Schwartz show. I was being greedy. :laugh:

Rich Schulhoff

Opinions are like friends, everyone has some but what matters is how you respect them!

Didn't Jonathan Schwartz announce his retirement? Also, I don't think Arthur would be good at Dj-ing thos 40s and 50s records.... The good part of that scenario is that they would only have to change the 1st name on the Marquee!! :biggrin:

Didn't Jonathan Schwartz announce his retirement?

He won't retire until the Red Sox win the World Series.

Rich Schulhoff

I tuned in a little while ago to hear David Rosengarten, in the course of 10 minutes plug his namesake report and his Web site, including a phone number to call to get his report. I guess I missed the food discussion.

This is the second time he was on this week.

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Jim Leff was on yesterday, plugging Chowhound, any chance that you or Fat Guy may take the helm anytime soon? Even be a guest?

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Leff was a guest host.

A second to Steve, Rosie et als doing a stint...would be fun!

Caught about 15 minutes of Michael Lomonaco today. He has a very nice, down to earth style on the radio, would be a good replacement but he's probably too busy.

Also, is it just a rumor that Arthur left because he was being pressured into shilling? If that's true, it will be difficult to find anyone reputable to take this job permanently.

• 3 weeks later...

I am responding to Menton1's comment about Arthur Schwartz seeming full of himself.

Arthur happens to be extremely down to earth and real. He is also a very brilliant and kind man.

I can say this honestly, as I have had the joy and pleasure of being on his show with him, sipping and talking wine for the last five years. I would certainly welcome

another five. I hope you get to meet him at one of his many up-coming book signings. CAROL BERMAN, THE WINE CHICK