• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bruce's Country Market in Albion

Anyone living/visiting/travelling through the Maple Ridge area should take the time to check out the selection of Wild smoked Salmon @ Bruce's Country Market

100% Wild Fish done a number of different ways at very reasonable prices.

I was there today having 2 large Spring Salmon custom smoked and the place was doing a roaring trade-always an encouraging sign.

Anyone living/visiting/travelling through the Maple Ridge area should take the time to check out the selection of Wild smoked Salmon @ Bruce's Country Market

Sam,

My kids live out that way so I'm in the neigbourhood at least once a week. I like their deli for lunch. Didn't really pay attention to the smokehouse until now. Thanks for the heads up!

DA

Wonder if they'd do trout?

I live a well struck 5 iron from the place. If you like salmon this place is for you. They sell mostly line caught fish right from the river. I find thier smoked salmon a little too dry. The smoked tuna loin though is very good, when it's available. the rest of the store is underwhelming.

The good folk of Maple Ridge generally have a taste for what is cheap, not what is good or original. The most common phrase heard in Maple Ridge: "never heard of it". Now I would be emberassed to utter these words. However it's kind of a rallying call here east of the Pitt river. Folks out here seem to be oddly proud of thier iggnorance. Perhaps it's homey in a Garrison Kiellor way.

David Cooper

"I'm no friggin genius". Rob Dibble

http://www.starlinebyirion.com/

The most common phrase heard in Maple Ridge: "never heard of it". Now I would be embarrassed to utter these words. However it's kind of a rallying call here east of the Pitt river. Folks out here seem to be oddly proud of their ignorance.

Dang!!! :rolleyes:

Folks out here seem to be oddly proud of thier iggnorance. Perhaps it's homey in a Garrison Kiellor way.

I second that DANG Sam! :biggrin:

Is it any wonder I get out to see my kids as often as I can? I have to save them from the vortex of indifference!

DA