• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Japanese Freeze-Dried Strawberries

There's a place on Mott Street (Japanese name and all :biggrin: ) that sells all sorts of Japanese snacks and candies. I can't remember the name of it BUT there's a good chance you could get them there. They sell everything ranging from dried shrimp snacks, dried crabs done in soy to various candies --- sorry but I was more interested in the shrimp, crab and squid snacks so I can't tell you if they definitely have them :biggrin: .

Aji Ichiban

37 Mott, 212-233-7650.

Goodluck

Cheers

Tom

Edit: coz I found the name, address and phone number

Edited by StInGeR (log)

I want food and I want it now

Aji Ichiban I would say is more of a Chinese sweets store than a Japanese sweets store. PLaces I'd try -

Sunrise Mart on Stuyvesant or Grand

M2M Market on 3rd near 11th (or 12th, or 10th)

JAS Mart on St. Marks b/w 3rd and 2nd (basement level)

or, if those fail, the holy grail is

Mitsuwa Marketplace in Edgewater, NJ

What about the Japanese market on 59th between 2nd and 3rd? (I'm drawing a blank on the name)

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Thanks. I knew someone here would know what I'm talking about.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs