• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[SEA] Fare Start Guest Chef Nights in Septempter

Two of the board's favorite chefs are doing Guest Chef Night at Fare Start in September:

9/16/04 Ethan Stowell, Union

Featured Winery: Hedges Cellars

9/23/04 Jonathan Sundstrom, Lark

Featured Winery: Kestrel Winery

Would people be interested in an egullet table?

For those who aren't familiar with Fare Start, it's a nonprofit that helps train homeless and otherwise disadvantaged people for restaurant jobs. For guest chef night, chefs donate their labor and ingredients to create a 3 course meal. They only charge $16.95, all of which benefits Fare Start.

Full calendar: http://www.farestart.org/Calendar.asp

For guest chef night, chefs donate their labor and ingredients to create a 3 course meal. They only charge $16.95, all of which benefits Fare Start.

I may be wrong, but I believe the guest chefs here "coordinate" the ingredients, whereas with Boomtown, they donate them. I've heard some chefs whine a little about the quality of what they get to work with. Maybe that's changed? Still, a great deal, without doubt.

Laurel, count me in for either dinner (or both dinners).

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I'd like to attend either (or both) as well, however I'm hard to plan with these days as I don't know my call schedule at the hospital this far out from the date.

I'll know if I'm taking call those evenings about a week or so before, would it too difficult to tentatively include me until I'm sure of my schedule?

I'll know if I'm taking call those evenings about a week or so before, would it too difficult to tentatively include me until I'm sure of my schedule?

I would think that a seat could be reserved for you, then canceled several days beforehand if you end up not being able to go (but you'd better :laugh: )

"Save Donald Duck and Fuck Wolfgang Puck."

-- State Senator John Burton, joking about

how the bill to ban production of foie gras in

California was summarized for signing by

Gov. Schwarzenegger.

I'd like to join in. I'm available either night or both (if there's room). Thanks for orgainizing this, Laurel.

Jan

Jan

Seattle, WA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."

--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

Our preference is 6:30 as we have an hour drive home. If there is more demand than spaces, why not 2 eGullet seatings? I was starting to feel guilty about requesting both night. Again we look forward to meeting you all. :rolleyes:

Looks like the list is:

9/16 (Ethan Stowell):

MsRamsey + MrRamsey

rockdoggydog

whitelotus + Mr. whitelotus

LainerX?

SeaGal

malarkey

DRColby + Cathy

Sleepy_Dragon

ScorchedPalate + Cam

9/23 (Jonathan Sundstrom):

MsRamsey

FoodieGirl + richard

rockdoggydog

whitelotus + Mr. whitelotus

LainerX?

Ledlund + Paul

SeaGal

malarkey

DRColby + Cathy

Sleepy_Dragon

ScorchedPalate + Cam

PM me if this isn't correct... If you said either or both, or didn't say which day, I put you down for both. I'll call tomorrow. Hopefully 2 months in advance will be enough to get seats for everyone, if not, I'm sure we can be split into two seatings, which might be better for the people who would prefer earlier or later.

[Edited to add new people below]

Edited by laurel (log)

And if you happen to do 2 seatings, we'd prefer the later one (perhaps 7:30ish?) but we could get there any time after 6:00 on the 23rd, or 6:30 on the 16th. (There's an Ms game on the latter date, so getting across the bridges quickly will be tricky.)

~Anita + Cam

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com