• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hot and sticky

I am going to try a good Spanish authentic gaspacho with the bread in it--either white or red...I made one after seeing Padma Lakshme in Spain on Food Planet, and it rocked!! Stoopid me, forgot to write it down...Library time...

Will crossposted wonders never cease...Alex P's recipe is exactly what I need!

Edited by Mabelline (log)

Zaru-soba. Cool buckwheat noodles with a shoyu broth dipping sauce with slivered scallions and ginger.

Hiyayako-tofu. Chilled silken tofu with a range of condiments such as toasted nori, gomasio (sesame salt), chile oil, pomegranite seeds etc.

Egg salad with Dijon, fresh mayo, garlic, scallions and topped with a bit of roe.

Ahi tuna salad.

Cool slices of very rare strip loin with shoyu and wasabi diipping sauce.

Beet gazpacho.

Slaws of all kinds.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

Ajo blanco.
Check out the white gazpacho recently posted on the eG recipe forum.  AlexP made it for a Minneapolis gathering and it was a hugh hit.

Wha--? OK, now I'm confused. I just looked at that recipe, and it is Ajo Blanco! "White Gazpacho"? Really? I've never heard it called that - everywhere I had it in Spain (and I was addicted to it from Day 1, so I ate it every chance I got) it was always "Ajo Blanco."

The things you learn. May I suggest, though, adding "ajo blanco" to the keywords? Earlier today I was very disappointed on searching RecipeGullet for the latter and finding no match!