• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PLEASE! A nice spot for a 35 person party?

JeffWilson

I will try this message once more, as I am really trying hard to find a good spot.

I am having a party for my 40th birthday in September. I am looking for a nice place in NYC to have it. Approximately 40 people, maybe less. Budget is about $65-$75 per person, including wine. Any ideas? Any experiences? Thanks very much!

Jeff,

Go and take a look at the "outdoor" space at The Park. It reminds me of the Tuilleries and the minute I saw it I started planning some party because it is just so inviting.  

This restaurant is on 10th Ave and 18th St, I think.  Take a look.  The food is pretty good also (Mediterranean).

Stefany,

Thanks so much! I think I found a place in the Blue Water Grill. I have only read great things and the budget seems perfect. But ehn you said the "Tullieres" you caught my attention. I will ahve to chcek it out. Thanks again!

Jeff

Jeff,

I live one block from the Blue Water Grill so I am quite familiar.  It gets a very enthusiastic crowd, the food is quite good.  I would, however, recommend seriously discussing with them exactly where your 35 people would be dining, taking into consideration the noise factor.   Its a nice looking place, though, and quite festive.

Good luck!