• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hi, I'm New To This Board

GavinJordan

Hi,

My name is Gavin Jordan and i live in Liverpool, England.

I have a friend who is a huge rum aficionado and once in passing he told me that he had once tried, what he considered the best rum to ever pass his lips, and he has never been able to find it since. Since his birthday is coming up I would like to surprise him and get him a bottle. He could not remember the name but he told me that the company was from Leith.

After some research I established that the company in question was Low, Robertson & Co LTD and the rum was either “Skipper Rum” or “Orange Grove”.

I have looked around the Internet and tried many shops, therefore I throw myself on your mercy and politely beseech you good people for any information on where I can buy a bottle or if anybody out there has a bottle hanging around I would love to buy it from you.

I would be grateful if anybody could get back to ever if it is to say that there is no hope of ever finding this drink.

Kindest regards,

Gavin Jordan.

have a look at www.mainrum.com for the phone number, they are based in Liverpool ( only business to business I'm afraid) but you can always try, ask for Ian or Eric.

Ed