• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

restricted by medicine, help!

ilovelivarot

I can't drink any alcohol because of the medicine I take, which sadly means no wine. I would still enjoy having something above regular old juice/water with meals though. I've a drink called Ame that was pretty good, but if anyone has any other suggestions of non-alcoholic drinks, that would be great!

While in India I was served the following: squeeze 1/2 lime into glass, drop lime into juice and muddle to release oils, add 1/2 tsp sugar and mix well, add ice and fill glass with club soda and stir. It was very refreshing and hit the spot on a hot day.

Tea. If part of the attraction of wine, for you, is the potential for geting as geeky as you want to get, tea offers much of the same. And teas can be paired with food much the same way wine can.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero