• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Interesting blurb in N&O Business Section

Random Alias

It's cryptic as they give no explanation.

http://newsobserver.com/business/story/343...p-3050866c.html

The former Sheraton Hotel at Crabtree Valley Mall is about to get a $30 million makeover that will give Raleigh its first luxury hotel.

Sanjay Mundra, chief executive of First American Hotels in Cary, and Dicky S. Walia, who operates Welcome Holdings in Raleigh, will announce today that they will open the hotel as a Westin franchise in the summer of 2005.

...They also said they have a letter of intent from one of the country's top five restaurants but declined to name which one.

...They also said they have a letter of intent from one of the country's top five restaurants but declined to name which one.

Why is it that there are probably 500 of the country's "top 5 restaurants"?

Why are you messing with the fantasy? We know about the reality. Don't mess with the fantasy, okay?

I just have this really strong, strange feeling that it's Emeril's...don't know why. Just do. Gut feeling.

SML

"When I grow up, I'm going to Bovine University!" --Ralph Wiggum

"I don't support the black arts: magic, fortune telling and oriental cookery." --Flanders

My guess is Morton's. They have been thinking of coming here for awhile.

God I hope not.

We need another steakhouse in Raleigh about as much as Bill Gates needs another million. I bet there's no fewer than 5 steakhouses within 10 miles of Crabtree.

My guess is Morton's.  They have been thinking of coming here for awhile.

God I hope not.

We need another steakhouse in Raleigh about as much as Bill Gates needs another million. I bet there's no fewer than 5 steakhouses within 10 miles of Crabtree.

But that's seriously who my money's on. I was betting Ruth's Chris until husband pointed out there was one in Cary.

Gourmet Anarchy

Just out of curiosity I checked and there are something like 20 steakhouses within a 10 mile radius of Crabtree.

Edit: I need to add, that I won't be surprised if it is another steakhouse. I just hope it isn't.

Edited by Random Alias (log)