• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wisconsin beer

elfin

Hard to find Point beer (brewed in Stevens Point, WI but now Augsberger has shown up on the shelves after a long, very long absence. Anyone know the scoop on these two brews?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

Megan sandwich: White bread, Miracle Whip and Italian submarine dressing. {Megan is 4 y.o.}

Various Point brews are still available in Wisconsin. I think that the number of micro-brews available now are dipping into the Point market.

Augsburger is brewed by Huber and used to be basically Huber Bock, the diff is about $7/12 for Huber Bock and $6/6 for Augsburger. I think Huber would like to take all its brews upscale but don't want to alienate thier long time Huber drinkers just yet.

Huber Bock in non-returnables is available again after being off the market I assume for a transfer from returnables. -Dick

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Point beer. A blast from the past. When I was in high school (the glory days of the 18-year-old drinking age, which meant there was really no drinking age), we'd drive from Milwaukee to Port Washington in search of Point. We particularly valued the 8-ouncers. They were lots of fun.