• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Susie Q

Susie Q

Added something.

That may be. But in the kitchen I'm not using them to dry, I'm using them as dishrags and counter wipes. When rung out well the damp microfiber sucks up water and spills and doesn't leave water drops and spots. It cleans off dishes well when hand washing. It makes for a great kitchen cleaning cloth, better than paper, cotton or a sponge.  I've used it with a mild bleach solution to sanitize. Still works great for me.

I use flour sack towels and side towels for other dry work.

I do keep the house cleaning microfiber towels separate from the kitchen ones. Yellow are for the kitchen and washed with other towels and air dried, blue and white are for house cleaning and are laundered separately to avoid lint .

I'll also throw this in as a tip. To get heavy soapscum off of fiberglass bath tubs and showers use Easy Off oven cleaner in the blue can. BLUE CAN ONLY!  Spray on a dry rub let sit for an hour while you do your other work then wipe with a soft nylon scrubber and rinse clean. 

Susie Q

Susie Q

That may be. But in the kitchen I'm not using them to dry, I'm using them as dishrags and counter wipes. When rung out well the damp microfiber sucks up water and spills and doesn't leave water drops and spots. It cleans off dishes well when hand washing. It makes for a great kitchen cleaning cloth, better than paper, cotton or a sponge.  I've used it with a mild bleach solution to sanitize. Still works great for me.

I use flour sack towels and side towels for other dry work.

I do keep the house cleaning microfiber towels separate from the kitchen ones. Yellow are for the kitchen and washed with other towels and air dried, blue and white are for house cleaning and are laundered separately to avoid lint .