• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

new hope eats

Kim WB

Went this weekend to Marsha Browns for a drink...suprised this has not come on to my radar sooner. Looked great, and am looking forward to lunch their next week, and dinner soon. Also stopped in atht enew Triumph..I've never been impressed with their food, and the place never looks CLEAN to me..but what a great location..and with t he parking validation, worth a beer!

I spent New Year's Eve Day in New Hope in 1997--I had lunch at Wildflowers and ran across the street to have my palm read (who can resist such silliness the day before a new year starts when it is just there, across the street?). It was very pleasant.

I actually spent a lot of the summer of 2000 shuttling a friend from the Princeton area to Wildflowers, where he waited tables. Is it still around? They had been making some changes when I was last there 3 and 1/2 years ago, with the bar upstairs and the additional weekend Thai food menu... Are they still opened on weekends until the new year?

-Emily

----------------------------------------------

Emily in London

http://www.august18th2007.com

I've eaten in New Hope a few times, and always had a pretty good meal.

Now, I've NEVER eaten in Lambertville. You certainly have my interest!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, please go-- you will love Lambertville;

2 of the nicest places to eat are No. 9, on Klines Court, and Hamiltons Grill Room on Coryell Street-- you will find them discussed extensively on the NJ Forum.

• 3 weeks later...

More Lambertville:

Antons at The Swan Hotel(wine and spirits sold, fine food, good wine list, and a great bar with more casual food); Manon (BYOB and country French); Siam Thai (BYOB, good food, slow service); DeAnna's (BYOB, good pasta, small space); Ota Ya (BYOB, quite good sushi, etc);

in Stockton: Atrio (BYOB and very good food); Stockton Inn (wines and spirits sold, New owners, New Chefs, wait 'til after the new year as I think they are just trying to get thru the season before planning new menu and wine program.)

in Sergeantsville: Sergeantsville Inn(wine and spirits sold, quite good food, well constructed list too.) Also, if you get in the village before 6:00 (Wed-Sat) you can go to one of the last remaining great country butcher shops, Maresca and Sons.

All in my humble opinion, of course.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover