• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Lewis Barbecue near RDU is now open

Random Alias

Picked up a pint of barbecue ($7.50) and half-pint of green beans ($1.50) the other day.

Was pretty good. Decent flavor, but needed a bit more fat mixed in. One thing that was kind of odd is that the barbecue was 'wet', I guess this was the vinegar based sauce, but the amount of liquid did not match to the vinegar flavor, so I'm not sure what that was all about. Come to think of it, that could have been the reason it seemed like it needed more fat. Liked the green beans --didn't tasted like they were from a can.

They're supposed to have pretty good fried chicken and fish as well, but that'll have to wait for another night.

Located right off of 70 (a.k.a. Genwood) on Lumley right before I-540.

Take the exit for the Angus barn.

Thanks for the tip. Will try it soon. Do you know how they cook the Q?

No I don't. Sign says "Pit Cooked", but that could mean just about anything. I also don't think they cook their barbecue at this site, but rather at their Durham store. Unless you're a diehard barbecue fan I wouldn't make a special trip, but it's nice for those of us in the area...and you could always give it a try if you're visiting Total Wine or something else in Brier Creek.

They have a website and some reviews for their Durham site - menu is the same.

Lewis BBQ

CitySearch

Independent Weekly

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...