• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

10 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I wouldn't call either of those useless, except to me

I probably should have clarified more. I had one of those that I absolutely loved. The blade rotated as it punched down. The clear plastic base finally cracked and I held it together with packing tape until I felt that it was no longer very sanitary. I since tried to replace it and the first one had a hesitation glitch so that by the time it hit the nuts it barely caressed them. The second one does not have a rotating blade so that you have to shake it between punches to get it to find the nuts. They are both poorly designed garbage so they are going out with the rest of the garbage.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

4 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I wouldn't call either of those useless, except to me

I probably should have clarified more. I had one of those that I absolutely loved. The blade rotated as it punched down. The clear plastic base finally cracked and I held it together with packing tape until I felt that it was no longer very sanitary. I since tried to replace it and the first one had a hesitation glitch so that by the time it hit the nuts it barely caressed them. The second one does not have a rotating blade so that you have to shake it between punches to get it to find the nuts. They are both poorly designed garbage so that they are going out with the rest of the garbage.