• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Waldwick restaurants

TheMan,TheMyth

I had dinner last night at Il Vilino in Waldwick. I wasn't too impressed. Good service, but the food wasn't up to par.

Tonight, I am eating at Andrea's Ristorante East Prospect St. Waldwick.

Any opinions on this place??

The guy at the liquor store in the same strip of stores said it is one of the best in the country. I find that hard to believe so I am reaching out to you folks for feedback...

The Man, The Myth

TapItorScrapIt.com

Well, I went to Andrea's.

It was pretty good. I was really happy with the service. I had one of the many specials they had this evening, Veal Bracciole. It was served with a side of Gnocci. It was very tasty but it was smothered in entirely too much sauce.

The only thing that really turned me off was when we requested one of the pasta entree's as an appetizer. For 6 of us the waiter split 2 entree dishes and charged us 14.95 for each. $30.00 for a pasta appetizer is a little much for a restaurant of this caliber. They could of been a little more reasonable.

Otherwise, we had a pretty enjoyable evening. I would probably return for a 2nd visit...

The Man, The Myth

TapItorScrapIt.com

Thanks for your report. But if the entree was $14.95 and you split 2 entrees for 6 people ($30)  that comes to $5 a serving.

We were just interested in sampling one of the appetizing pasta dishes, without ordering it as our main meal. We didn't really want to spend $5 each to sample a couple of mouthfuls of pasta.

The Man, The Myth

TapItorScrapIt.com

Thanks for your report. But if the entree was $14.95 and you split 2 entrees for 6 people ($30)  that comes to $5 a serving.

We were just interested in sampling one of the appetizing pasta dishes, without ordering it as our main meal. We didn't really want to spend $5 each to sample a couple of mouthfuls of pasta.

The Man, The Myth

TapItorScrapIt.com

Did they offer to serve this dish as an appetizer for half the price? Would you have preferred that? In any case an appetizer size portion would have given you one mouthful!

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE