• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Meet Sam Kinsey (slkinsey), new NY co-moderator

Fat Guy

Are those hazel or green?

Hazel, but with a peculiar quality that can make them appear green, brown or blue depending on the lighting and what I am wearing.

I get that too.

I can not BELIEVE anyone thought that was our humble narrator's eye. COME ON! :wub:

My eyes are blue, but people tell me now and again how pretty my green, grey, or hazel eyes are and I have to go through the bla bla bla.

Elizabeth Taylor's eyes are violet. I wish!

That is SUCH an awesome picture!

No one would ever know that you're really......oops!

....uh.....never mind....

I actually don't use that one professionally, because "my people" said it made me seem unfriendly and kind of evil-looking. I've always liked it, though... primarily because I am kind of evil.

Oh yea... and, by the way: bite me. That goes double for you too, Tommy. :angry:

:wink:

--

That is SUCH an awesome picture!

No one would ever know that you're really......oops!

....uh.....never mind....

I actually don't use that one professionally, because "my people" said it made me seem unfriendly and kind of evil-looking. I've always liked it, though... primarily because I am kind of evil.

Not evil enough to eat people.

I'd say, for a new moderator of something like the Pacific Northwest or Italy forum, it would be simple smiley-free-appropriate perversity to say congratulations. But given what a pain in the ass the New York Metro Area eGullet members have been historically, I don't think anything less than six or seven emoticons can do the trick. You have no idea how hard it was to find a user who was at the same time 1) highly intelligent, and 2) with a lot of food knowledge, yet 3) extremely gullible, and 4) clueless enough about eGullet history to be willing to take this job.

So this is what constitutes warm-and-fuzzy praise from a New Yorker.

There are two sides to every story and one side to a Möbius band.

borschtbelt.blogspot.com

And the make up and hair.  At least mine was all about that.

You're lucky that's all it took. I had to resort to Photoshop.

Thank...you?

Lucky to have been blessed with such pulchritude, I think...

--