• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

First Smoke

Socrates

Saturday, I smoked my first shoulder. It turned out great. I'd just like to thank Klink and the rest of the gang for the advice they supplied on this fourm. I'm much too modest to talk about it, so I'll let Xanthippe wax eloquent on the subject.

Soc.

I'm with hollywood. Now that's you've climbed up to shoulder base camp, are you going to take the north brisket ridge, the west poultry face or shoot right to the top of rib peak?

Thanks for the pic! That's a damn fine lookin' butt ya got there. :laugh:

That picture there is why I love the shoulder so much, that marbling is just beautiful. You also have a nice carving knife, they're indispensible for carving roasts. I feel so goofy for using an ordinary chef's knife in the past.