• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

gaffer's west orange

joi h.

just to put the word out there-we're doing a few new things at gaffer's...first of all, i would like to put the word out that we are going to begin offering a "burger club" card, which means, once you obtain the card (from any server), and once you eat 10 burgers, the next one is free!

also, just to mention that thursdays have been popular recently due to the "yuengs and wings" promotion...$2 wings and $2 pints of yuengling!!!

wednesday is also homemade bass ale battered homemade fish and chips night!!! perhaps, i can talk them into an egullet membership special!?!?!?!?!

How about developing an eGullet burger? Also, can the burger card be used by different people? If 10 people come in and order nine hamburgers is the 10th one free. :biggrin:

BTW--I really like your burgers. Haven't had one in some time. Getting hungry!

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I like the burgers, too, but the rude service on my last two visits turned me off. There are enough good places in the area that I don't care to spend my money where I'm not wanted.

First time, I showed up in mid-afternoon, and headed to the dining side. HEY YOU KITCHENS CLOSED from across the room. There are ways to be polite and this isn't one. I left.

Second time, we stopped by in early evening. Person took our orders, brought our beers and disappeared. Literally. Half hour later I flagged another server: no server, no ticket, no burger order. So she put in a new order. Took 40 min more to get a burger platter. No apologies, no comp, no nothing, just an hour to get a burger, but they made sure to charge us for the first two beers.

Haven't been back in over a year, no plans to hurry back, either. It's a shame, too, because so many other people on the boards have had good experiences there.

Edited by Rail Paul (log)

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Double ouch!!! sorry to hear about two unpleasant experiences, but have to say that this is the first time that i have ever heard something like that happening at gaff's...usually the customers tell me how nice the staff is! i would think that those incidents were rare and something that would never happen again. especailly now that it's brought to attention. hope you can try to give it another shot.

about the burger club card and its use-its one card per person, and eating as many in one sitting is entirely up to you!!!

rosie, could you tell me more about what an "egullet burger" would look like?

rosie and tommy-

to answer you both in one post:

1. sure, rosie, if you come up with a burger, we will put it on as a special!

2. tommy, i married into the family. gaffer's has been my husband's family's place since 1976. i have also been working there during the day behind the bar and at night helping out.

tommy-

thanks for the input...funny you should mention that, we are in the process of

changing bread companies for that reason. please, let me know what you think. hope to see you soon!