• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Restaurant Management Positions

Hi all:

Normally I wouldn't stick my neck out this way, but a good friend and former co-worker has just left here at Striped Bass and is considering re-locating to the D.C./Virginia area. How's the restaurant job market down there right now? Does anyone have any hot leads for an extremely professional and well trained manager? This woman possesses a degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management from a top school in London, is extremely gracious, well respected by staff and upper management and is probably the most professional restaurant manager I've ever worked with. Not to mention her fabulous British accent. She was always 'the Voice' on any of the corporate "on hold" announcements just because she sounds so great! Since so many folks here are restauant professionals, I thought I'd give it a try and see if there's any openings that may not have hit the papers yet.

Please P.M. me the appropriate contact information and I will pass it along to my friend.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

• 2 weeks later...
please email roger.smith@2941restaurant.com to inquire about posssible very interesting position at a top dc restaurant.

Thank you Chef! I have forwarded the information to my friend.

Many thanks for your kindness,

Katie

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol