• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Livingston - Strip House

Rail Paul

Cody Kendall reviewed the S-H and enjoyed just about every aspect of it. The side dishes, most of the appies, the steaks and filets.

She does have a caution about the prices, though. Many entrees are 25-35, apps in the 10+ range. With the team behind this place (Kushner's money, Waltuck, Glaziers), it has a lot of momentum. Good wine list, too.

However, nearby Bacchus in Fairfield had to cut back its prices a bit after an initial buzz gave way to the reality of $100 plus dinners. They remain a tough sell in the suburbs...

Strip House

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

• 2 years later...
Was there for lunch and it was lovely. Had a salad but the burger looked luscious.

Where in Livingston is it? Thanks.

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Let me get this straight, Rosie...you went to a steakhouse and had a SALAD? :blink: I certainly hope there was some meat in it!!! :laugh:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

I used to frequent the Strip House, but haven't been back in several months. When we first started going, the steaks, service aps and sides were consistantly excellent.

However, somewhere along the line, there was a break in consistancy. The service became eratic, and the quality of the steaks seemed to decline. Perhaps I'll have to go back and give it another try. Maybe they just had a few wrinkles to iron out, and things are smooth again.

I must say that when the restaurant was peeking, the Porterhouse for two was fantastic!

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)