• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

China Star--Ft Lee

Rosie

Don't know. YOU go and let us know! :biggrin: All I know is that I was told that it was a small restaurant with good food and some unusual dishes including mayonnaise shrimp. Is mayonnaise shrimp a "serious" dish? I never heard of it. BYO and no reservations.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Don't know. YOU go and let us know! :biggrin:  All I know is that I was told that it was a small restaurant with good food and some unusual dishes including mayonnaise shrimp. Is mayonnaise shrimp a "serious" dish?  I never heard of it. BYO and no reservations.

Well, mayonaisse seems to be a popular condiment for fried dim sum dishes, particularly involving shrimp.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Mayonnaise shrimp? Gross. I've had it before, not there, but I wouldn't order it again anywhere.

no way! that's a great dish when done right. i'm trying to remember where i had it recently. it was probably at Goodie's down in chinatown. it's a decent enough szechuan place, although not as good as China 46 (not that a restaurant needs to be as good as China 46 to be appreciated).

Edited by tommy (log)

i just realized i've been here many times. tiny little place, really. i recall it being just another chinese place. although, i was much younger and much more foolish back then. i'd be interested in hearing if it's actually something special and i just didn't get it.

Oh, the good ole' days when Tommy didn't like chinese food.

:biggrin:

i really just didn't know. after spending countless dollars at Shun Lee and Chin Chin, to experience what was purported to be the "best" chinese that my dollar could buy (outside of hong kong, of course), i figured that it all pretty much sucked here in this area. china 46 has raised the bar, for me, and i've very thrilled. it's a whole 'nother world for me...

and i have have egullet to thank for that find.

Edited by tommy (log)