• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

15 hours ago, haresfur said:

My problem with the container on the left is that soft plastic isn't really recycled here.

Unfortunately, I can't get away from the plastic bags. Almost everything here comes in plastic. But I have figured out a little trick to get every last bit. I've got a little rolling pin that I use to roll the bag flat and squeeze it until it gives up every last drop.

20241002_084618.thumb.jpg.df6b147cf076c49a89e96389281da8ea.jpg

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

My problem with the container on the left is that soft plastic isn't really recycled here.

Unfortunately, I can't get away from the plastic bags. Almost everything here comes in plastic. But I have figured out a little trick to get every last bit. I've got a little rolling pin that I used to roll the bag flat and squeeze it until it gives up every last drop.

20241002_084618.thumb.jpg.df6b147cf076c49a89e96389281da8ea.jpg

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

Unfortunately, I can't get away from the plastic bags. Almost everything here comes in plastic. But I have figured out a little trick to get every last bit. I've got a little rolling pin that I used to roll the bag flat and squeeze it until it gives up every last drop.