• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

14 hours ago, TdeV said:

@MaryIsobel, these meals look brilliant! And I would love a friend like you. 🥰

Could you post a bit more description about this cooking method or a couple of links you've discovered? I think this could be an interesting avenue for some regular dinners.

I first came across the idea on a Youtube video - I tend to watch youtube cooking videos in the wee hours when I can't sleep. There are lots of ideas out there, but once I got the jist of it, any crockpot recipe that starts with fresh ingredients can be adapted to this method. I avoided the ones with cream o something although for those who like that kind of thing, there are tons. My friend is waiting for a kidney transplant so I tried to keep sodium to a minimum. An example: https://www.ourthriftyideas.com/2016/05/freezer-prepped-crockpot-dump-meals.html

ETA: I shoudn't have said "any" recipe" as I skipped over anthing with raw potatoes or anything else that doesn't freeze well.

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

7 hours ago, TdeV said:

@MaryIsobel, these meals look brilliant! And I would love a friend like you. 🥰

Could you post a bit more description about this cooking method or a couple of links you've discovered? I think this could be an interesting avenue for some regular dinners.

I first came across the idea on a Youtube video - I tend to watch youtube cooking videos in the wee hours when I can't sleep. There are lots of ideas out there, but once I got the jist of it, any crockpot recipe that starts with fresh ingredients can be adapted to this method. I avoided the ones with cream o something although for those who like that kind of thing, there are tons. My friend is waiting for a kidney transplant so I tried to keep sodium to a minimum. An example: https://www.ourthriftyideas.com/2016/05/freezer-prepped-crockpot-dump-meals.html