• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Well, I did it.

20240605_185843.thumb.jpg.2eeddcb7c20834f98c03010d3269b9b2.jpg

It turned up to be quite a journey from making both the Japanese curry powder and making up some fresh garam masala to making the Japanese Curry Roux to making the katsu curry today. There are a couple things that I would change like cutting the vegetables bigger and perhaps the next time I won't let the roux get quite as dark as I did before I add the spices. Other than that it was delicious and I would recommend the recipe to anyone.

And the really great thing is that I have enough roux for three more meals.

Well, I did it.

20240605_185843.thumb.jpg.2eeddcb7c20834f98c03010d3269b9b2.jpg

It turned up to be quite a journey for making both the Japanese curry powder and making up some fresh garam masala to making the Japanese Curry Roux to making the katsu curry today. There are a couple things that I would change like cutting the vegetables bigger and perhaps the next time I won't let the roux get quite as dark as I did before I add the spices. Other than that it was delicious and I would recommend the recipe to anyone.

And the really great thing is that I have enough roux for three more meals.