• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

This recipe with the silly name (Spicy Marry Me Chicken) was in the Kansas City Star a few days ago and I decided to try it today. It tastes like Italian and I served it with pasta Charlie said how much he liked this recipe three of four times during and after the meal.  It had two ingredients that I could not find at the store and had to substitute. One was sun-dried tomatoes.  This store had them before but not today. Another was canned-in-oil calabrian chiles. I substituted tomato paste and canned  chopped jalapeño chilies. I also substituted fresh mozzarella cheese for the goat cheese. There are several goat cheeses I don't care for but I don't remember which ones and preferred not to take a chance.

IMG_1522.jpg

Norm Matthews

Norm Matthews

This recipe with the silly name (Spicy Marry Me Chicken) was in the Kansas City Star a few days ago and I decided to try it today. It tastes like Italian and I served it with pasta Charlie said how much he liked this recipe three of four times during and after the meal.  It had two ingredients that I could not find at the store and had to substitute. One was sun-dried tomatoes.  This store had them before but not today. Another was canned-in-oil calabrian chiles. I substituted tomato paste and canned  chopped jalapeño chilies. I also substituted fresh mozzarella chiles for the goat cheese. There are several goat cheeses I don't care for but I don't remember which ones and preferred not to take a chance.

IMG_1522.jpg