• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Thank you, @Kerry Beal for sharing this sad news and sharing your memories of Anna with all of us. 

Anna’s (and often with Kerry) contributions to this site have been my favorites. I was actually currently Re-reading their last blog while on Manitoulin when Kerry posted this. The honest and genuine writing about her experiences cooking and traveling and traveling while cooking that Anna shared with us has been such a wonderful resource for all of us. 

My favorite posts have to be the Manitoulin ones, along with the Lunch Ladies posts. I also abhor beans of any kind!  I have saved a lot of posts to go back to! The ingenuity of tempura using a fondue pot immediately comes to my mind, as Anna seemed to always find a way to make something happen or, to borrow her phrase, she would “make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear”. 

My thoughts are with Kerry and all of Anna’s friends, which I am sure there are a plethora of, and her family. 

She will continue to live with those of us who re-read her posts. 

May her memory be a blessing. 

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Thank you, @Kerry Beal for sharing this sad news and sharing your memories of Anna with all of us. 

Anna’s (and often with Kerry) contributions to this site have been my favorites. I was actually currently Re-reading their last blog while on Manitoulin when Kerry posted this. The honest and genuine writing about her experiences cooking and traveling and traveling while cooking that Anna shared with us has been such a wonderful resource for all of us. 

My thoughts are with Kerry and all of Anna’s friends, which I am sure there are a plethora of, and her family. 

She will continue to live with those of us who re-read her posts. 

May her memory be a blessing.