• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Alex

Alex

5 hours ago, liuzhou said:

It reads 古仁屋小前. You should be able to Google that or even a Google translate may help athough, place names are often impossible to really translate.  I would have tried myself but Google is inaccessable from China at the moment.

Good idea. A straight Google search showed it to be Kagoshima.

Alex

Alex

to add info

5 hours ago, liuzhou said:

It reads 古仁屋小前. You should be able to Google that or even a Google translate may help athough, place names are often impossible to really translate.  I would have tried myself but Google is inaccessable from China at the moment.

Good idea. A straight Google search showed it to be Kagoshima. I think the last character indicates "in the direction of" or something like that.

Alex

Alex

4 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Good idea. A straight Google search showed it to be Kagoshima.