• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

sushi in Cherry Hill

Kim WB

Kim:

Fuji is in Cinnaminson, NJ, 404 Route 130 North, slightly north of the Betsy Ross Bridge. (856-829-5211) In the middle of a strip of "no-tell-motels". Excellent food! Chef Matt Ito is quite talented with both the raw and the cooked items.

There's also a sushi place in Pennsauken called Sagami that is quite popular, but I think Fuji has it all over them.

Is this what you were looking for? :blink:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Hi Kim

Fugi is certainly not high end. It is little more than a hole in the wall but as a previous poster described it is great.

Thet have a "special tasting" dinner during the week that you must reserve at least 1 week in advance. I have brought about a dozen people to these special dinners, all have said it is as good as any dinner in either NY or Philly.

Chef Ito is a magician.

Tom

PS The special dinner is at least 7 courses, often more and is part Asian part the rest of the world.

Edited by Tom D (log)

Tom D

Thanks Katie and Tom,

I guess I was confused, I thought there was a Morimoto like place in that general area. Fugi, however, sounds like its worth the trip. Does it have a liquor license? And a sushi bar. or just table service? Thanks for your quick responses.

Edited by Kim WB (log)

I guess I was confused, I thought there was a Morimoto like place in that general area.

The only Morimoto-like place in this general area IS Morimoto in Philadelphia. Quite pricey for what you get, IMHO.

Fuji (sp), however, sounds like its worth the trip.

Definitely! Matt is a genius and his omikase feasts are well worth the cost of admission. And the admission is about HALF what it would be at Morimoto.

Does it have a liquor license? And a sushi bar. or just table service?

Added plus is that Fuji is BYOB. Bring some good riesling, gruner veltliner or Pinot Blanc and knock yourself out. There is a very small SIX seat sushi bar. Definitely the best place to sit, but MUST be requested at time of reservation. The table service is "leisurely" at best, but the food is worth the wait.

Thanks for your quick responses.

My pleasure :smile: . You shouldn't have much trouble finding dining companions for this experience, but if you do, let us all know. I, for one, would be happy to meet you there!

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

The only Morimoto-like place in this general area IS Morimoto in Philadelphia. Quite pricey for what you get,

Does it have a liquor license? And a sushi bar. or just table service?

Added plus is that Fuji is BYOB.

I really enjoyed Morimoto, and thought it was a better overall experience than the NY highly regarded places..

And I know the old regulars on this board are tired of my unpopular opinion..My husband and I try to avoid BYO's.

We drink Maihime Sake, which is nearly impossible to find in a liquor store. When you do, its maybe $65....its maybe $85 at a well stocked sushi bar. And, I love when the chef suggests a similiar or different sake..to me, its an important part of the dining expereince..

but trust me, you'll be at home on the nj boards..they all love BYO's! :biggrin::raz::biggrin:

Thanks for your help.