• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

Splelnig

22 hours ago, Kim Shook said:

It's funny - because of my age and having been brought up most of my childhood just outside of Washington DC, my first exposure to Mexican food was during the 7 months we lived in the San Fernando Valley in 1970.

Yes we could get pupusas and excellent tamales long before we could get decent tacos. I remember going to "Mexican" restaurants where all of the posters and artwork were from Peru or Ecuador.

To this day the DC area has far more immigrants from central and south America than from Mexico.

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

It's funny - because of my age and having been brought up most of my childhood just outside of Washington DC, my first exposure to Mexican food was during the 7 months we lived in the San Fernando Valley in 1970.

Yes we could get puposas and excellent tamales long before we could get decent tacos. I remember going to "Mexican" restaurants where all of the posters and artwork were from Peru or Ecuador.

To this day the DC area has far more immigrants from central and south America than from Mexico.

C. sapidus

C. sapidus

1 hour ago, Kim Shook said:

Yes we could get puposas and excellent tamales long before we could get decent tacos. I remember going to "Mexican" restaurants where all of the posters and artwork were from Peru or Ecuador.

To this day the region has far more immigrants from central and south America than from Mexico.