• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

DSC03623.thumb.JPG.cc9d444c487bdaf1bfb9dcb9749c4ebe.JPG

If I knew what I had done, you can bet I've never do it again.

I've made only gluten-free bread before this in this Breadman machine with no problems.  This time I was making a Challah, which I've made many times before in my old machine, a Regal, probably circa 1996, which I bought for $5 in a Moab second-hand store.  I don't have the attribution of the recipe, but I have a feeling I found it either on eGullet or through a connection to eGullet.  

What I did wrong...I have no idea.   None.  Not a one.  

At least it's good for a laugh.  

Added:  It still tastes good.  

Darienne

Darienne

DSC03623.thumb.JPG.cc9d444c487bdaf1bfb9dcb9749c4ebe.JPG

If I knew what I had done, you can bet I've never do it again.

I've made only gluten-free bread before this in this Breadman machine with no problems.  This time I was making a Challah, which I've made many times before in my old machine, a Regal, probably circa 1996, which I bought for $5 in a Moab second-hand store.  I don't have the attribution of the recipe, but I have a feeling I found it either on eGullet or through a connection to eGullet.  

What I did wrong...I have no idea.   None.  Not a one.  

At least it's good for a laugh.