• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

3 hours ago, heidih said:

Those are worth a try. Nice spiced cookie.

With the exception of cinnamon and ginger and most gingerbread cakes, I pretty much don't like spicy or hot elements in my sweet treats. I love chile in savory dishes, but not in my dark chocolate bars or mixed into any chocolate desserts. I like black pepper, but not in a cookie. Cardamom has always been a puzzle to me. Fine as an ingredient in curries, etc., but in coffee or pancakes or sweet breads  forget it.

I absolutely can't stand anything pumpkin pie spice, so I pass on pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin pie. I love sweet potato pie but I make it without the traditional pumpkin spices. And I'm not fond of cakes that are described as  "spice cake."  So don't expect to bump into me at National Pfeffernusse Day events! 

Katie Meadow

Katie Meadow

3 hours ago, heidih said:

Those are worth a try. Nice spiced cookie.

With the exception of cinnamon and ginger and most gingerbread cakes, I pretty much don't like spicy or hot elements in my sweet treats. I love chile in savory dishes, but not in a my dark chocolate bars or mixed into any chocolate desserts. I like black pepper, but not in a cookie. Cardamom has always been a puzzle to me. Fine as an ingredient in curries, etc., but in coffee or pancakes or sweet breads  forget it.

I absolutely can't stand anything pumpkin pie spice, so I pass on pumpkin spice latte or pumpkin pie. I love sweet potato pie but I make it without the traditional pumpkin spices. And I'm not fond of cakes that are described as  "spice cake."  So don't expect to bump into me at National Pfeffernusse Day events!