• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

gfweb

gfweb

From what I read ( I have no experience), the jury is still out on Q school. Many in the industry say its valuable but some say it costs too much for a low paying job and you can learn on the job as you go.  There are many examples of successful chefs on both sides.

Lots to read on the internet if you troll around.  If you can afford it without going deep in debt seems to be a big issue.

gfweb

gfweb

From what I read ( I have no experience), the jury is still out on Q school. Many in the industry say its valuable and some say it costs too much for a low paying job and you can learn on the job as you go.  There are many examples of successful chefs on both sides.

Lots to read on the internet if you troll around.  If you can afford it without going deep in debt seems to be a big issue.