• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

BonVivant

BonVivant

Last day of whale watching and eating Tony's tacos.
FAUt56v.jpg

THjuDfV.jpg

Had to check out a new restaurant. After Tony's this is what the restaurant served (fish and octopus tacos). We thought it was a joke, but unfortunately it was not.
KAU3fto.jpg

The aguachile was weird, too. We left quickly. But it doesn't matter, because the whales were so incredible that you forgot the unpleasant things and unkind people ever existed.

UdcholB.jpg

We experienced a gang of aggressive whales for the first time. The guide in another boat said she ran into them 3 days in a row. They surrounded and circled our boat and waved their big flukes uncomfortably close, they tried to lift and rock the boat, literally . It was a bit scary, really. When we tried to escape, they then followed us for a long time. If we stopped they would start the whole thing again.
6hyL4vF.png

So close to where I was sitting... Only takes one flick and in the water you go, or worse, breaks your neck. But aggressive whales are not common.
yhry8Fj.png

Thanks for your trust and generosity, whales! So far we have done 26 or 27 whale watch trips! Each time was different and incredible.
adNNV9t.png

These highly intelligent creatures piercing stare gives you the chills. (My camera can be submerged in water)
AenONTT.png

Love Mexico. Always looking forward to the next trip back to this amazing country.

Muchas gracias, Mexico!
fQ0GzrT.jpg

wBKLsb7.jpg

Whale watching places I visited on this trip. Gave up on San Ignacio. Laguna is best. Will go to Laguna from now on.

3Zakp8Y.jpg

(And thanks for reading this far)
RkdL4EM.jpg

BonVivant

BonVivant

Last day of whale watching and eating Tony's tacos.
FAUt56v.jpg

THjuDfV.jpg

Had to check out a new restaurant. After Tony's this is what the restaurant served (fish and octopus tacos). We thought it was a joke, but unfortunately it was not.
KAU3fto.jpg

The aguachile was weird, too. We left quickly. But it doesn't matter, because the whales were so incredible that you forgot the unpleasant things and unkind people ever existed.

UdcholB.jpg

We experienced a gang of aggressive whales for the first time. The guide in another boat said she ran into them 3 days in a row. They surrounded and circled our boat and waved their big flukes uncomfortably close, they tried to lift and rocked the boat, literally . It was a bit scary, really. When we tried to escape, they then followed us for a long time. If we stopped they would start the whole thing again.
6hyL4vF.png

So close to where I was sitting... Only takes one flick and in the water you go, or worse, breaks your neck. But aggressive whales are not common.
yhry8Fj.png

Thanks for your trust and generosity, whales! So far we have done 26 or 27 whale watch trips! Each time was different and incredible.
adNNV9t.png

These highly intelligent piercing stare gives you the chills. (My camera can be submerged in water)
AenONTT.png

Love Mexico. Always looking forward to the next trip back to this amazing country.

Muchas gracias, Mexico!
fQ0GzrT.jpg

wBKLsb7.jpg

Whale watching places I visited on this trip. Gave up on San Ignacio. Laguna is best. Will go to Laguna from now on.

3Zakp8Y.jpg

(And thanks for reading this far)
RkdL4EM.jpg