• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Lettuce, cucumber, red onion, red and yellow bell pepper and, bizarrely, mango and dragon fruit. All with a sweet and sour sauce dressing..

I had some let over rolls which I've just eaten for breakfast. These contained watermelon, too! I woud be baffled but the Chinese do put fruit with salad vegetables quite often (and cover fruit salad in mayo - and not always the sweet Kewpie variety!

_20231022070057.thumb.jpg.a4bd6c6a5678a8f9fdf62e31574f1db8.jpg

Luckily, they forgot to put any strawberries in the bánh mì!

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 hours ago, liuzhou said:

Lettuce, cucumber, red onion, red and yellow bell pepper and, bizarrely, mango and dragon fruit. All with a sweet and sour sauce dressing..

I had some let over rolls which I've just eaten for breakfast. These contained watermelon, too! I woud be baffled but the Chinese do put fruit with salad vegetables quite often (and cover fruit salad in mayo - and not always the sweet Kewpie variety!

_20231022070057.thumb.jpg.a4bd6c6a5678a8f9fdf62e31574f1db8.jpg