• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Duvel

Duvel

4 hours ago, TicTac said:

Worth noting; that either you showed some extreme self restraint or the distillery's had meager offerings with older age statements :laugh:

They usually have, albeit overpriced.

I picked some bottles I was interested in because they are a) hard to obtain in Germany, e.g. the Benromach expression or the Glen Moray Warehouse Edition, that is not sold outside the UK; or b) I wanted to try e.g. the Caol Ila 12 yo, the Scarpa Skiren, which is supposed to be the next best thing after the discontinued 16 yo and the Edradour that is just great as it is (matured in sherry casks from day one - see the picture below the bottles). 

Duvel

Duvel

3 hours ago, TicTac said:

Worth noting; that either you showed some extreme self restraint or the distillery's had meager offerings with older age statements :laugh:

They usually have, albeit overpriced.

I picked some bottles I was interested in because they are a) hard to obtain in Germany, e.g. the Benromach expression or the Glen Moray Warehouse Edition, that is not sold outside the UK; or b) I wanted to try e.g. the Caol Ila 12 yo, the Scarpa Skiren, whichnis suppoised to be the next best thing after the discontinued 16 yo and the Edradour that is just great as it is (matured in sherry casks from day one - see the picture below the bottles).