• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

A bit of clarification.

36 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Assuming they have a pretty good sized budget.

I am assuming that a good part of the cost comes from making it weatherproof given that it is an electrical appliance. Marketing suggests that it can be left outside.
There are few reasons that I can come up with why one might want one of these other than the smoking function. Seems their indoor grills do the same thing but can’t be left outside. But look out wrong I was about their ice cream maker!

Anna N

Anna N

21 minutes ago, blue_dolphin said:

Assuming they have a pretty good sized budget.

I am assuming that a good part of the budget went into the cost of making it weatherproof given that it is an electrical appliance. Marketing suggests that it can be left outside.
There are few reasons that I can come up with why one might want one of these other than the smoking function. Seems their indoor grills do the same thing but can’t be left outside. But look out wrong I was about their ice cream maker!