• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Honestly I was surprised at how good the meal was. It was hot, my steak was cooked perfectly. Yes the fees are outrageous IMO. I asked to go inside the truck with the promise I wouldn’t take pictures and it was really impressive; the truck was specifically designed to take orders for Bobby Flay’s Steakhouse. It was immaculate and their SV, prep and grill stations in this Mercedes van that doesn’t require a CDL (I asked)  was surprising. 

It’s not a tipping situation (yet) and I was given a free order of freshly made potato chips with a spicy aioli. It was weird to dump dirty plates into a bag but I’ve done much worse. 

They didn’t include silverware. I think they should have. I also think if they include wine and or mixed beverages they have potential. A lot of people don’t want to go out right now and this was a restaurant quality dinner and I had it on my couch in sweats without having to do a thing. 

0A256694-6DE4-43AD-BCA9-79485B892D80.jpeg

DD0E83EA-6B96-4ABF-87C7-255D8122BBE7.jpeg

196F8B4A-9BFD-4D1F-BB47-436CF2A09DBB.jpeg

MetsFan5

MetsFan5

Honestly I was surprised at how good the meal was. It was hot, my steak was cooked perfectly. Yes the fees are outrageous IMO. I asked to go inside the truck with the promise I wouldn’t take pictures and it was really impressive; the truck was specifically designed to take orders for Bobby Flag’s Steakhouse. It was immaculate and their SV, prep and grill stations in this Mercedes van that doesn’t require a CDL (I asked)  was surprising. 

It’s not a tipping situation (yet) and I was given a free order of freshly made potato chips with a spicy aioli. It was weird to dump dirty plates into a bag but I’ve done much worse. 

They didn’t include silverware. I think they should have. I also think if they include wine and or mixed beverages they have potential. A lot of people don’t want to go out right now and this was a restaurant quality dinner and I had it on my couch in sweats without having to do a thing. 

0A256694-6DE4-43AD-BCA9-79485B892D80.jpeg

DD0E83EA-6B96-4ABF-87C7-255D8122BBE7.jpeg

196F8B4A-9BFD-4D1F-BB47-436CF2A09DBB.jpeg