• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

28 minutes ago, haresfur said:

I don't know... a fuzzy-logic rice cooker is very cool and high-tech but a fuzzy-logic controller for a nuclear plant sounds worrisome.

I spent 12 years working in the field of industrial process control, and I well remember Three Mile Island, our country's nearest brush with domestic nuclear disaster.  The supplier of our industrial color CRT's (quite high tech at the time) jokingly attributed the vibrancy of their color phosphors to the company's close proximity to the mutant reactor at Three Mile Island.

If I'd trust any company to run a nuclear reactor it would be Zojirushi.  It just might not be cheap.

Edit:  Amazon informs me the Zojirushi NW-JEC10BA is now up to $829.99.

JoNorvelleWalker

JoNorvelleWalker

5 minutes ago, haresfur said:

I don't know... a fuzzy-logic rice cooker is very cool and high-tech but a fuzzy-logic controller for a nuclear plant sounds worrisome.

I spent 12 years working in the field of industrial process control, and I well remember Three Mile Island, our country's nearest brush with domestic nuclear disaster.  The supplier of our industrial color CRT's (quite high tech at the time) jokingly attributed the vibrancy of their color phosphors to the company's close proximity to the mutant reactor at Three Mile Island.

If I'd trust any company to run a nuclear reactor it would be Zojirushi.  It just might not be cheap.