• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

SLB

SLB

"Bean by Bean" is my go-to.  Those recipes are so reliably delicious that I follow them -- the meatist variation, when offered -- 100% of the time.  

The Time-Life Bean book from the series is the first one I ever looked at, in the kitchen of a vacation rental in Ocean Grove, NJ.  Seriously -- I brought it to the beach with me. 

It was so wonderful that it (along with some subsequent research here) induced me to buy the whole series off of ebay the following week. 

No regrets.  

I've given "Grist" as a gift, and I like the author's voice.  But I haven't cooked from the book.  

SLB

SLB

"Bean by Bean" is my go-to.  Those recipes are so reliably delicious that I follow them -- the meatist variation, when offered -- 100% of the time.  

The Time-Life Bean book from the series is the first one I ever looked at, in the kitchen of a vacation rental in Ocean Grove, NJ.  Seriously -- I brought it to the beach with me. 

It was so wonderful that it (along with some subsequent research here) induced me to buy the whole series off of ebay the following week. 

No regrets.