• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

streem26

streem26

I own a lot of physical cookbooks and I own kindle cookbooks. 
Some of my favorite recipes has consistently come from good cookbooks. They’re generally more carefully cultivated and tested.

I’ve been cooking through Paul Prudhomme’s Louisiana Kitchen cookbook and even with the Spartan features of an old book the recipes are insanely good. It’s just hit after hit. 
That's not to say you can't get good recipes online, I just find the signal to noise ratio much worse than books.

streem26

streem26

I own a lot of physical cookbooks and I own kindle cookbooks. 
Some of my favorite recipes has consistently come from good cookbooks. They’re generally more carefully cultivated and tested.

I’ve been cooking through Paul Prudhomme’s Louisiana Kitchen cookbook and even with the Spartan features of an old book the recipes are insanely good. It’s just hit after hit. 
That's not to say you can't get good recipes online, I just find the signal to noise ratio much worse than books.