• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Greg Jones

Greg Jones

48 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

Anyway, I see the appeal of using a wireless probe in the Joule Oven, but again am not super sold on how beneficial having a probe that measures the ambient temperature would be…

I agree completely. I don’t see the draw of the Joule oven/Combustion thermometer to be what it can do now, but the possibilities that might be in the future. There are some really creative and brilliant people behind the Joule and Combustion. 

Greg Jones

Greg Jones

46 minutes ago, btbyrd said:

Anyway, I see the appeal of using a wireless probe in the Joule Oven, but again am not super sold on how beneficial having a probe that measures the ambient temperature would be…

I agree completely. I don’t see the draw of the Joule oven/Combustion thermometer eter