• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

31 minutes ago, BetD said:

Always nice to see this topic boosted, as I have picked up a number of ideas that have made my life easier/hands happier.

I think as we get older, the trick is not so much to work less it is to work smarter.

I never move from one part of the kitchen or to one part of the house with empty hands. I make every trip count.

One thing that I have started to do is to set up a tray before I start to finish my dinner with everything to set the table. Plates, silverware, napkins, and all my serving spoons that I will be using. That way I have one trip to the table and done.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

27 minutes ago, BetD said:

Always nice to see this topic boosted, as I have picked up a number of ideas that have made my life easier/hands happier.

I think as we get older, the trick is not so much to work less it is to work smarter.

I never moved from one part of the kitchen or to one part of the house with empty hands. I make every trip count.

One thing that I have started to do is to set up a tray before I start to finish my dinner with everything to set the table. Plates, silverware, napkins, and all my serving spoons that I will be using. That way I have one trip to the table and done.