• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

19 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

Great price!  I've just added one to my wishlist.  My ultimate dream is under cabinet lights, but in the meantime, I'm hoping this might help with the dark kitchen issue.  

I had underccabinet lighting in another big open plan kitchen. I did not ask for it. The electrician said he had to do them to meet Title 24 - California's energy efficiency  standards - big enforced deal for years. - so you don't turn the giant overhead lights on when not needed. Still does not rectify the vision issue for really small stuff.  

heidih

heidih

13 minutes ago, Kim Shook said:

Great price!  I've just added one to my wishlist.  My ultimate dream is under cabinet lights, but in the meantime, I'm hoping this might help with the dark kitchen issue.  

I had undercounter lighting in another big open plan kitchen. I did not ask for it. The electrician said he had to do them to meet Title 24 - California's energy efficiency  standards - big enforced deal for years. - so you don't turn the giant overhead lights on when not needed. Still does not rectify the vision issue for really small stuff.