• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

tikidoc

tikidoc

Photo

Another healthy recipe, makes 2 pints. I cannot believe how creamy and rich this stuff is. Super tart but decadent.

One Fairlife Core Power vanilla protein drink (14 oz)

One 14 oz bag of frozen passion fruit pulp

1/2 tsp guar gum

4 scoops Vital Proteins collagen protein (unflavored)

2 tsp vanilla paste 

Erythritol/monk fruit sweetener to taste (I used around 1/3 cup, I think)

Top off with almond milk to make 2 full pints.

Freeze, then spin on light ice cream. If it needs a re-spin, add a little almond milk.

I like my passion fruit stuff quite tart - I think most would probably like it a little sweeter.

I have found that the Fairlife shakes taste pretty good, none of the off flavors that other protein shakes have, and they make a pretty creamy base for ice cream. They are OK as a meal replacement drink, but doctored up with strong flavors like cocoa, coffee, or intense fruits like passion fruit, they make a really respectable ice cream, and the only added sugar in this recipe was the trivial amount of sugar in the vanilla paste.

DA25B8FC-6981-4E18-B682-56C3F4503292.jpeg

tikidoc

tikidoc

Another healthy recipe, makes 2 pints. I cannot believe how creamy and rich this stuff is. Super tart but decadent.

1/2 tsp guar gum

2 tsp vanilla paste 

Freeze, then spin on light ice cream. If it needs a re-spin, add a little almond milk.

I like my passion fruit stuff quite tart - I think most would probably like it a little sweeter.

I have found that the Fairlife shakes taste pretty good, none of the off flavors that other protein shakes have, and they make a pretty creamy base for ice cream. They are OK as a meal replacement drink, but doctored up with strong flavors like cocoa, coffee, or intense fruits like passion fruit, they make a really respectable ice cream, and the only added sugar in this recipe was the trivial amount of sugar in the vanilla paste.

tikidoc

tikidoc

Another healthy recipe, makes 2 pints.

1/2 tsp guar gum

2 tsp vanilla paste