• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

2 hours ago, DianaB said:

Many thanks.  Pot 1 vanilla and pot3 (grapefruit/ Campari) are in the freezer.  Not enough vanilla base to freeze as pot 2 but will think of something to add tomorrow.  Pot 1 will become the praline, will report further tomorrow. 

If you don’t have enough for a full pot, it’s OK to spin smaller volumes. Someone on a Facebook contacted the company and was told it should be fine down to a quarter full as long as they are still frozen firm and level. 
Handy if you want to test flavors or try different mix-ins. 
Edited to add that I should have remembered this when I was making the salty coffee recipe. Could easily have tried 2 options. 

Add me to the list offering welcome back messages!  I look forward to seeing what you post in this topic and elsewhere!

blue_dolphin

blue_dolphin

33 minutes ago, DianaB said:

Many thanks.  Pot 1 vanilla and pot3 (grapefruit/ Campari) are in the freezer.  Not enough vanilla base to freeze as pot 2 but will think of something to add tomorrow.  Pot 1 will become the praline, will report further tomorrow. 

If you don’t have enough for a full pot, it’s OK to spin smaller volumes. Someone on a Facebook contacted the company and was told it should be fine down to a quarter full as long as they are still frozen firm and level. 
Handy if you want to test flavors or try different mix-ins. 

Add me to the list offering welcome back messages!  I look forward to seeing what you post in this topic and elsewhere!